New ‘Republicans for Ukraine’ Report Card Gives Georgia Congress Members Mixed Grades
Million-dollar campaign to shore up support for U.S.’ embattled ally through a ‘Ukraine Report Card’ for Georgia members of Congress, plus national TV ads and mobile billboards
WASHINGTON – September 18, 2023 – Today Republicans for Ukraine is launching a brand-new “Ukraine Report Card” campaign aimed at persuading Republican members of Congress from Georgia to support the United States’ Ukrainian ally when they vote on spending bills this month. This is part of a broader $1 million persuasion and education campaign to let constituents know how their members are doing on the Ukraine issue.
Members of Congress were graded based on criteria including their support for previous aid packages to Ukraine and public statements about the war. Members of the Georgia Congressional delegation received the following grades:
- Rick Allen, B-
- Earl “Buddy” Carter, B
- Andrew Clyde, C
- Mike Collins, F
- Drew Ferguson, A
- Marjorie Taylor Greene, F
- Barry Loudermilk, A
- Richard McCormick, A
- Austin Scott, A
The goal of the campaign is to call on members to support the $40 billion supplemental aid package for Ukraine that President Biden has called for. In addition to the report card, the campaign will also include the following national advertisements:
- This 30-second ad, which will air nationally on Fox News from September 18 – 22, including on Fox & Friends, Your World, and The Ingraham Angle.
- This 30-second ad, which will air on four major Sunday shows—This Week, Face the Nation, Fox News Sunday, and Meet the Press—on September 24 in the D.C. market, and nationally during the second Republican primary debate on Fox Business on September 27.
- Mobile billboards outside the district offices of five House GOP leadership members—including CA-20 (McCarthy), LA-1 (Scalise), MN-6 (Emmer), NY-21 (Stefanik), and AL-6 (Palmer)—featuring real GOP voters calling on the party to support Ukraine.
- This 30-second ad, which will air nationally on YouTube all month.
This campaign comes at a critical juncture for the GOP and overall U.S. backing for the Ukrainian war effort. Polls show support slipping among Republican base voters for Ukraine. By educating GOP voters and Congressional leaders about the need to continue supporting America’s ally, Republicans for Ukraine is mobilizing public opinion behind what was traditionally a bedrock conservative principle: strong American leadership in the world.
“Now is a pivotal time for Americans, especially Republicans, to support Ukraine,” said Gunner Ramer, national spokesman for Republicans for Ukraine. “For just 5 percent of our annual defense budget, America has helped Ukraine destroy half of Russia’s army and liberate its territory and people. That’s a great return on investment for American national security.”
For more information, to speak with the Republican voters from this campaign, or to talk to Republicans for Ukraine spokespeople, please contact Tony Franquiz at 443-243-6366 or [email protected].
# # #