Rep. Don Bacon
Ukraine Support Grade
- Voted in favor of The Ukraine Democracy Defense Lend-Lease Act of 2022, which allowed the lending/lease of American defense materiel to Ukraine.
- Voted in favor of the 2022 Ukraine Supplemental Appropriation
- Voted against Amendment 21 to H.R. 2670, the National Defense Authorization Act, which would have stricken $300 million of assistance for Ukraine.
- Voted against Amendment 22 to H.R. 2670, the National Defense Authorization Act, which would have prohibited all security assistance for Ukraine
- Voted against Amendment 25 to H.R. 2670, the National Defense Authorization Act, which would have removed the extension of lend-lease authority to Ukraine
- Voted in favor of H.R. 5692: Ukraine Security Assistance and Oversight Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2023.
- Made a pro-Ukraine statement or statements.
“A majority of us agree we have to stand with Ukraine. Putin has got to stop this war.”
“His country’s a victim; Russia’s the invader. To me, I have total moral clarity that we should stand by Ukraine. So I just think if he speaks, if he can persuade a few people, it’s worth it.”
“Appeasing tyrants and bullies don’t work. They won’t stop until punched in the nose. We stand up to bullies.”