Rep. Garret Graves
Ukraine Support Grade
- Voted in favor of The Ukraine Democracy Defense Lend-Lease Act of 2022, which allowed the lending/lease of American defense materiel to Ukraine.
- Voted against the 2022 Ukraine Supplemental Appropriation
- Voted against Amendment 21 to H.R. 2670, the National Defense Authorization Act, which would have stricken $300 million of assistance for Ukraine.
- Voted against Amendment 22 to H.R. 2670, the National Defense Authorization Act, which would have prohibited all security assistance for Ukraine
- Voted against Amendment 25 to H.R. 2670, the National Defense Authorization Act, which would have removed the extension of lend-lease authority to Ukraine
- Voted against H.R. 5692: Ukraine Security Assistance and Oversight Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2023.
- Made ambiguous or neutral statements about Ukraine.
“I was in Eastern Europe and at the Poland-Ukraine border less than a month ago. We saw firsthand the need to provide military and humanitarian aid to Ukrainians – and yes, these funds will help. The Ukrainian people and military deserve our help, but, we cannot continue to shell out billions in American taxpayer dollars for people in foreign countries without helping our own citizens in need in Louisiana.”
“The fiscally responsible thing to do here is to stop this in Ukraine. This crosses over into NATO countries and you trigger article five, you aren’t going to be talking about tens of billions of dollars, you are going to be talking about trillions of dollars and you are going to be talking about American servicemen and women on the front lines. That is not an option. This administration has both accountability and transparency issues they’ve got to address before they deserve another penny.”