Rep. Michael Waltz
Ukraine Support Grade
- Voted in favor of The Ukraine Democracy Defense Lend-Lease Act of 2022, which allowed the lending/lease of American defense materiel to Ukraine.
- Voted in favor of the 2022 Ukraine Supplemental Appropriation
- Voted against Amendment 21 to H.R. 2670, the National Defense Authorization Act, which would have stricken $300 million of assistance for Ukraine.
- Voted against Amendment 22 to H.R. 2670, the National Defense Authorization Act, which would have prohibited all security assistance for Ukraine
- Voted against Amendment 25 to H.R. 2670, the National Defense Authorization Act, which would have removed the extension of lend-lease authority to Ukraine
- Voted in favor of H.R. 5692: Ukraine Security Assistance and Oversight Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2023.
- Made ambiguous or neutral statements about Ukraine.
“Stopping Russia before it draws NATO and therefore the U.S. into war is the right thing to do. But the burden cannot continue to be solely on the shoulders of the American people, especially while Western Europe gets a pass. There must be policy space between Biden’s current strategy of ‘as long as it takes’ and those demanding ‘not another dollar.'”
“I think it’s absolutely in America’s interest to stop Putin cold. … However, the era of blank checks for aid, at least coming from Congress, is over,”