Rep. Richard McCormick
Ukraine Support Grade
- -- Not in office when vote was called on The Ukraine Democracy Defense Lend-Lease Act of 2022
- -- Not in office when vote was called on the 2022 Ukraine Supplemental Appropriation
- Voted against Amendment 21 to H.R. 2670, the National Defense Authorization Act, which would have stricken $300 million of assistance for Ukraine.
- Voted against Amendment 22 to H.R. 2670, the National Defense Authorization Act, which would have prohibited all security assistance for Ukraine
- Voted against Amendment 25 to H.R. 2670, the National Defense Authorization Act, which would have removed the extension of lend-lease authority to Ukraine
- Voted in favor of H.R. 5692: Ukraine Security Assistance and Oversight Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2023.
- Made ambiguous or neutral statements about Ukraine.
“I support standing with Ukraine, and I support fiscal responsibility. That’s why I have introduced the Ukraine Aid Oversight Act to guarantee that American taxpayer money is being used for the defense against Russia’s invasion, not to enrich bad people or be wasted frivolously.”
“I think it’s a separate issue that needs to be addressed by adults. We need to have a very complex conversation about the history of Ukraine, where the money has already gone, and the success [Ukraine has] already had, going against the third-largest army in the world.”