Rep. Zachary Nunn
Ukraine Support Grade
- -- Not in office when vote was called on The Ukraine Democracy Defense Lend-Lease Act of 2022
- -- Not in office when vote was called on the 2022 Ukraine Supplemental Appropriation
- Voted against Amendment 21 to H.R. 2670, the National Defense Authorization Act, which would have stricken $300 million of assistance for Ukraine.
- Voted against Amendment 22 to H.R. 2670, the National Defense Authorization Act, which would have prohibited all security assistance for Ukraine
- Voted against Amendment 25 to H.R. 2670, the National Defense Authorization Act, which would have removed the extension of lend-lease authority to Ukraine
- Voted against H.R. 5692: Ukraine Security Assistance and Oversight Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2023.
- Made ambiguous or neutral statements about Ukraine.
“So this is my request to the President before we spend another dollar in Ukraine we have got to know what the end date looks like. How do we help the Ukrainian people, how to bring down the cost of everything from wheat to fertilizer that have a direct impact on folks here in Iowa in a way that enables them to be successful against Russia but not in a way that is a slow bleed that does not help the US national security.”
“While I believe that Russia must be stopped and punished, with American families hurting, sending even more money to Ukraine to help them rebuild their economy is not a good use of our tax dollars.”